Southern Africa Jewish Genealogy SA-SIG
How to join SA-SIG
Editor: Dr Saul Issroff
Copyright © 1999-2003 Saul Issroff, Mike Getz, SAfrica SIG
and Jewishgen Inc.
Date: 24 September 2003
Should you wish to participate in the electronic discussion group:
- Use the JewishGen WebForm
to manage your subscription:
- set to subscribe/unsubscribe [begin subscription ; end subscription ]
- set to digest/nodigest [send individual messages ; send grouped messages]
- set to mail/nomail [send mail ; temporary stoppage of your subscription]
- Via e-mail. Send change-of-status messages to:
The Lyris message processor is an automatic message processor and it can only process simple messages. Subscribe first; your application should be confirmed by e-mail. Lyris is either incredibly busy or very slow and it may take take an hour or more before it responds. Then, in a second e-mail, modify your subscription. Lyris can only handle one command per e-mail address. If you require more than one delivery format then subscribe using different e-addresses.
|If you want ...
||... then send this message|
|1.. to join the list (and receive individual messages as they are contributed)
||subscribe Safrica forename surname
EXAMPLE: subscribe Safrica Joseph Katz
|2.. to receive digests (i.e. individual messages joined together into one long message, sent daily if there are contributions.)
||set Safrica digest
|3.. to receive individual messages as they are contributed
||set Safrica mail
|4.. to receive an list of subject lines
||set Safrica index
|5.. to temporarily stop mail
||set Safrica nomail
|6.. to restore mail delivery
||set Safrica mail
|7.. to unsubscribe
|... to firstname.lastname@example.org
and leave the subject line blank
- Send postings (your messages go out to all the readers) to:
(the SIG discussion group address)
Please abide by these key rules:
- Provide a meaningful, concise subject-line description.
- Don't ramble off the topic.
- Use ALL UPPER-CASE LETTERS for SURNAMES only
- Sign your message (full name, city, Reply to: e-mail address, please)
EXAMPLE: Malka Katz, Edinburgh, U.K. Reply to: email@example.com
If you want your e-mail address to be a live clickable
address, i.e. when someone clicks on it with the mouse it will
invoke the e-mail program, then add 'mailto:' as a prefix
as follows: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to the Southern Africa SIG Online Discussion Group!