47°57' / 25°51'
Translation of chapter
Neu Frautz from Volume II:
Geschichte der Juden in der Bukowina
Written by: Hugo Gold
Published in Tel Aviv, 1962
The community of Neu-Fratautz had 60 Jewish families who in 1906 founded their own prayer house, “Tefilath Beth-Jeschurim”
Berl, Seide and Markus Dechner, the Schamschon family and Hersch Wucher, Uscher Engler and Chaim Breuer were actively involved in the founding of the prayer house.
The Jews were involved in farming, trade and industry. The saw mill and grist mill owner Markus Dechner should be mentioned.
In the community there were two Zionistic organizations, that of the Revisionists and the General Zionist organization
Written by Hugo Gold
JewishGen, Inc. makes no representations regarding the accuracy of
the translation. The reader may wish to refer to the original material
JewishGen is not responsible for inaccuracies or omissions in the original work and cannot rewrite or edit the text to correct inaccuracies and/or omissions.
Our mission is to produce a translation of the original work and we cannot verify the accuracy of statements or alter facts cited.
History of Jews in Bukowina Yizkor Book Project JewishGen Home Page
Copyright © 1999-2016 by JewishGen, Inc.
Updated 13 Apr 2005 by LA